Phase 1 Pediatric Orthodontics – Allen, TX
Prepare Your Child’s Smile for Life
If we told you that you could dramatically shorten the amount of time your child needed to spend in braces, would you start your child on this treatment? Most parents respond with a resounding “Yes!” With Phase 1 Pediatric Orthodontics in Allen, TX, that’s exactly what we are suggesting. This service allows Dr. Jones and Dr. Hanson to address orthodontic problems in the earliest possible stages so future ones can be lessened or avoided entirely. According to the American Association of Orthodontists, you should bring your child in for an orthodontic screening starting at age seven. Allen Orthodontics is happy to offer FREE consultations for new patients, so schedule an appointment or give us a call today!
Why Choose Allen Orthodontics for Phase 1 Pediatric Orthodontics?
- Reduce the Need for Future Orthodontic Treatment
- Warm and Friendly Orthodontists and Team Members
- In-Network with Almost All PPOs
How Phase 1 Pediatric Orthodontics Works
One of the main goals of Phase 1 Pediatric Orthodontics is to solve minor misalignment issues in baby teeth. This gives adult teeth the best chance of coming in straight. Baby teeth essentially set the path for adult teeth, which means if they are crooked or crowded, adult teeth will be as well.
Phase 1 only requires oral appliances to be worn when the child goes to bed. This allows Dr. Jones and Dr. Hanson to create more space between the baby teeth so the adult teeth have enough room to erupt as intended.
We can also help break bad habits your child might have, including thumb-sucking or tongue thrusting. Both of these can negatively impact their future oral development. As a result, we can help parents save a lot of time and money on correcting orthodontic problems later.
Benefits of Phase 1 Orthodontics
- Shorter Treatment Length: When children complete Phase 1 Orthodontics, they typically need less orthodontic care entirely. This helps parents save time and money on future services.
- Function Made Easy: Once the baby teeth are aligned, we can stimulate proper oral development and enable the child to speak, eat, and smile as comfortably as possible. This also helps the child avoid chronic pain in the jaw and face.
- Opened Airway: Part of the treatment process involves increasing the size of the child’s airway, allowing them to breathe better during sleep. The list of benefits it can provide is quite endless. Children that are properly rest have better focus, memory, and have fewer behavioral issues.
- Better Confidence: Straightening the baby teeth gives the child a more attractive smile that will likely help them feel better about themselves in school and with friends. This can be a huge boost to their mental health and well-being.